Monday, April 10, 2006

in the spirit of spring 2

i was outside taking a picture of the retaining wall for the previous post and decided to snap some of the buds and blooms. "why not" i told myself, people passing by already think i'm odd, taking picture of a wall... at least while i'm focusing my camera on plant material, i look like a nature enthusiast : )...

the cherry blossom tree is showing its buds...

and daffodils...

when i first took a pic of these buds, i didn't know they're daffodils but later they bloomed... and being an english lit. major, this William Wordsworth's poem came to mind. Enjoy!!!...

The Daffodils

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,

They stretched in never - ending line

Along the margin of a bay;

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they

Out - did the sparkling waves in glee.

A poet could not be but gay.

In such a jocund company;

I gazed - and gazed - but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought;

For often when on my couch I lie

In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils

4 comments:

MDR said...

ah, i remember this poem...damn i miss spring...*sings*

"and the daffodils look lovely today..ayyy ayyyy..." (remember that song???) :-D

win said...

uhhh??... don't remember that song. sapa nyanyi??

Anonymous said...

oh this poem reminds me of my skool days ... we read many poems of william wordsworth in our english class.. gud ol' dayzzz....
finally the weather is getting better here in peoria tooo

win said...

hello shumaila,

good ol' english classes : ). well, the daffodils are dying already. but others are coming out, like the peony...

it was a shame we can't meet up longer last weekend. would be cool to meet up with u guys and talk nonsense : )...

and that new car of yours... looks sooo gooood...